Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church began on November 14, 1982 with six (6) members.
In a meeting on March 20, 1983 it was moved that the Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church be organized. On March 27, 1983 at 4:00pm the first service was held at the Rising Star Missionary Baptist Church, 1569 S Dayton St., Aurora, Colorado. Rev. Fred Hopson, pastor of St. Stephen Missionary Baptist Church, brought the message.
It was moved by Rev. Brinkley, pastor of Rising Star, and second by Deacon Holmes, Chairman of the deacon board at St. Stephen, and carried that Rev. Earnest Jones be the pastor of Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church.
On July 17, 1988 Union Chapel moved for 3401 Race Street to its current location 3622 Marion Street Denver, Colorado. On February 13, 1991 Union Chapel fell victim to a fire. Worship services were moved and held at Annunciation School, 3536 Lafayette Street, until the church building was renovated. Services resumed at the sanctuary on October 6, 1991. Through it all God continued to bless His church.
On November 21, 2010 Rev. Jones announced that he would be stepping down as pastor of Union Chapel and stated that Rev. D. Jerome Harrison would become the new pastor. On December 19, 2010 Rev. Jerome Harrison officially took over as pastor of Union Chapel.